Good to have backup ...


Early this week, I was feeling very energetic to finish my pending work, and I had a plan to go to office to setup a testing lab. On Wednesday morning, I woke up and got ready to leave for office. My office is around 14 miles from my house, and pre-COVID time, it used to take 1 hour for me to reach. For those who are familiar with Bay area traffic won't be surprised with that :-) . I drive a Red Tesla, and I just love it! I had a very pleasant drive and reached office that day within 15 mins (No traffic, because of COVID and all the offices are closed) I was very happy, after I parked my car in the empty garage. I realized that the office entrance door is changed, and I had to take a different route to enter. 

I was looking forward to have a good work time in office and come back home like an achiever :-). After entering office, I realized that the office network is awfully slow, and then found in the WhatsApp messages that there is a network outage in the south bay. I receive message from my friend that the Tesla network is down. I was stuck, and came down to find that my car is not getting unlocked. I tried all different kinds of troubleshooting- from my mobile internet to the office wifi, but the car was just not opening. I was literally freaking out, remembering how my mom keeps on telling me to carry my purse, where I keep the physical card for my Tesla.

Because of the advancement of technology, I recently stopped carrying the purse. I just carry my phone, for various purposes: for payment - I use applePay , for using car - I use Tesla phone app, for watching my kids - I use the home camera phone app, and my driving license - I put in inside my phone cover.  So, I was missing my mom's advice. I was not carrying the physical Tesla Card, and there is no other way to unlock the car. After some hesitation of knowing how busy my husband will be in middle of his meetings, I decided to call him. He graciously offered to drive to my office with the physical keys, but he said he can only come after 1 hour. 

Som I have 1 hour for me. I took the multiple rounds of the office campus, reminscing about all the laughter and giggles that my colleagues and I had pre-COVID time. Time passed more pleasantly than I expected with those good memories ... and then my husband called that he arrived with the keys.

So the lesson that I learnt from this incident is - 'Smart can become unsmart sometimes, so be smart to have backup every time'.

Comments

  1. Great job! The incident is engaging to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Agree; the backups can be a great help when the original is not working! I need to build the habit of taking backups frequently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good learning for all of us to have option of back up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true !! 👍🏻👍🏻 At least, your phone was working ! Imagine what might have happened otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for taking time and leaving comment , yes i really wonder what will happen someday if the phone doesnot work :-) i lost the practice of remembering phone numbers !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! Backup! Liked your style of writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives - some thoughts about this word ...

Jhansi -- my memoir of first interaction