My COVID Diary....




The last two years, everyone was warning and saying how it would feel like. Everyone helping each other to spread the fear and not allowing the adventurous mind to roam around :-). So, I was very well aware of all the symptoms. After staying 2 years in a cocoon, I was mentally prepared to conquer my fear and was positive that I can fight this demon back, if I were to get it. Friday, June 17. I woke up with severe body ache and headache. Usually, my pain is not chronic, so this was worrisome. Not to mention, off late, COVID was spreading ferociously around my neighborhood. For the rest of the day, I worked with an acute uncomfortableness. As it was Friday, I was just telling myself that I just needed some rest over the weekend, and I will feel better soon. My final thoughts trailed off as around 4:30pm, I was just dropped on bed and started getting chills. I am usually very active and positive person, so i knew that mostly i am getting the final dreaded monster which was waiting on my doorway. Before i was falling asleep i found that my 6 years and 16 years daughters were having their anxious face on my doorway. 

Whole night i could not have a sound sleep and was calling my mother ( hahahah yes i still do at middle age) and just turning around. By the dawn i was convinced that i had covid. Last 2 years i always had that mental stamina that if i take good care of my health and stay safe then i may be safe. I gave the same lectures to my parents as well. But on and off everyone around my family, friends had covid and most of them recovered. So my inner soul knew that this daemon became weak and i can survive that. So was that mental acceptance gave a pathway to physical impact? Everyone says that mind draws energy, while lying on bed on a bright summer day , that was the question was rising repeatedly in my mind. 

Over the years i build a small circle of trustworthy friends and family support around me. So next whole week , there was a pile of food variety stored in my freeze. I didn't cook for whole week and enjoyed the home made food. Being a foodie, that is one thing that can bring sunshine on my dull days. 

After accepting the fact that i had covid, all of a sudden i found lots of time for myself.  I got excited and was thinking what movies/tv series i should watch - hahahaha. Almighty must be laughing with my excitement. After 2 days i realize that i am missing sleeping with my kids and eating food with my family in the same table and room. To make the situation worst my husband also got covid positive on the day of my younger daughter's birthday. I was  in tears because my 6 years old planned for her birthday for last 6 months and we had all the preparations . I was so scared and low that day that i didn't even order a cake for her. In the evening my sister-in-law called and was sad to know that the little one didn't get a cake. She immediately bring a cake and visit my daughter with her husband and my little one was able to cut the cake and her eyes tinkles with joy.

Days passed into weeks and finally after 1 week i became negative. The day i slept with my kids , ate food with my family i was in tears and thanked almighty so many times. I felt and remember the suffering that entire human race had. So many relations were lost, so many promises are broken, so many lives suffered. I also thanked to science and technology which helped the human race to overcome this daemon. 

Statistics shows that pandemic happens once in hundred years, hope it never comes back after next 100 year ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives - some thoughts about this word ...

Good to have backup ...

Jhansi -- my memoir of first interaction